The Atlanta Branch has been diligently planning the 2023 AAUW of Georgia Annual Convention.
Where: Central Congregational United Church of Christ, 2676 Clairmont Road, Atlanta, 30329
When: Saturday, April 22, 2023
9:00 a.m. to Registration and Light Breakfast
9:30 a.m. Placing and looking at displays & Silent Auction items
What: A day to learn:
- about current public policy
- about immigration concerns and some possible solutions
A day to share:
- ideas, information, and friendship
A day to celebrate:
- what AAUW members have done and can do to further equity and justice for women and children everywhere
- A report from Georgia Senator Sally Harrell on the 2023 Legislative Session
- One way to avoid Run-off Elections, presented by Better Ballot Georgia
- Keynote: Kembra Smith, Immigration Attorney “The Law of Immigration”
- (Kembra would like to receive your questions two weeks in advance of the meeting, email@example.com )
- The “Heart” of Immigration, presented by Grace Hawkins from Transit Angels
Lunch: Delicious box lunches from Panera Bread (also sweets from Atlanta members)
At our business meeting, we will hear from a National staff person (via Zoom) to discuss necessary and possible changes to National and State bylaws.
We will elect and install our 2023/2024 officers.
There will also be a Silent Auction to raise funds for a non-profit that is important to us. Please bring items, new or used, edible or “collectible” or not. Let your imagination be your guide.